Eileen Hanning is Read Learn Reach.
For more than 20 years I have pursued my passion of helping kids learn and grow.
Starting with booking speakers for high school participants in the Close Up Foundation’s civic education programs and providing program support at Reading Is Fundamental, I knew I wanted to provide kids with meaningful, engaging, and hands-on learning experiences.
In graduate school I discovered that I loved children’s books and was fascinated by the way people learn. After grad school, I worked as a children’s bookseller and began volunteering with a regional reading non-profit, The Reading Connection, where I developed, implemented and evaluated reading programs for at-risk children. I felt so strongly about The Reading Connection’s mission that I joined their staff and stayed for more than two decades.
During my 23 years at The Reading Connection I
- created data-driven curriculum, based on current research in literacy development, brain development, and the effects of poverty and trauma on children, that helped thousands of children build reading motivation and skills.
- evaluated programs, developed dashboards, and reported to funders on programs.
- designed and implemented training for volunteers, parents, social service providers, educators, and board members.
- curated a collection of high-quality, diverse children’s books suitable for reading aloud to kids from birth to tween.
By creating Read Learn Reach, I’m now able to apply all I’ve learned to your program or curriculum needs.
- I’m designing STEM and book-based curriculum for a variety of clients.
- I’m designing, implementing, and coordinating training and symposia for adult learners.
- I’m coordinating and creating web content.
Contact me to find out how I can help you!
For more about my credentials, click here.